York LGBT Forum
Description: The York & District LGBT Forum aims to be a strong voice for York's gay community. Its main objectives are:
- To improve the social inclusion of LGBT people in the area by articulating service provision needs and identifying gaps in service provision;
- To promote awareness and understanding of LGBT needs within statutory and voluntary service providers to ensure equality of access to services in the area;
- To represent and support members of the LGBT communities to enable their full participation in society;
- To support LGBT people seeking access to services or experiencing difficulty with these services and, where necessary, to advocate on their behalf;
- To work in partnership with the Community Safety Team and Police to reduce fear of crime, to increase reporting of homophobic, transphobic and biphobic crime and to promote greater participation in the prevention and detection of homophobic, transphobic and biphobic crime to the LGBT community in our area.
Sector: Voluntary and Community
Public meetings: No
Contact type: Chair
Contact name: Pete Blackburn
Contact email: [unknown]
Contact number: 01904 620400
- Inclusion |
No member groups are listed for this group.
This group is a member of: