Natural Environment subgroup
Description: The Natural Environment subgroup was set up to advise and guide the deliberations of the Environment Partnership Board (EPB) with regard to conserving and enhancing York's natural environment. The initial main priorities of the subgroup are:
- To look at the formal designation of Sites of Importance for Nature Conservation (SINCs) which have already been surveyed, and to submit information to the North Yorkshire SINC Panel for ratification and then to City of York Council for formal designation.
- To develop additional SINC criteria with regard to the social and wildlife value of sites, and to review existing biodiversity criteria to accommodate York's particular interests.
- To suggest new sites for further consideration, and to develop and implement further survey work in relation to these new sites.
- To act as the Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) forum, helping to complete the final document, and assisting in the delivery of the Action Plan objectives and targets.
- And to develop practical projects that will work to enhance York's natural environment, in line with the SCS Natural environment aims and objectives.
Public meetings: No
Contact type: Administrator
Contact name: Rachel Midgley (Countryside Assistant , City of York Council)
Contact email: rachel.midgley
Contact number: [unknown]
- Environment |
No member groups are listed for this group.
This group is not a member of any other groups.